In 2002, the former Bloomfield Community United Methodist Church was donated to Shepherd Wellness Community for $1 to enable us to expand our work and create an AIDS Community center.
Renovations to our center include:
- 100% handicap accessibility
- a renovated dining room
- a commercial kitchen (with Allegheny County Health Department permit)
- upgrades to wiring and plumbing
- the creation of an Activity Room in the former sanctuary
- security, fire and smoke detection systems
- three new furnaces with central air conditioning
- new doors and windows
- a new roof
All renovations were funded by grants and donations. Our organization is debt-free.
Shepherd Wellness Community is unique in the region for the personal and non-clinical support we provide. HIV positive people living in the 11 county region of southwestern Pennsylvania find hope and help through programs offered at our center.