Shepherd Wellness Community provides bus tickets to help our members who use the bus for travel to and from our programs and outings. Members who travel to our programs by bus can sign a Bus Ticket Log at any dinner or outing to receive tickets to cover the round trip to and from our program.
SWC provides mileage reimbursement to help our members who drive to and from our programs and outings.
Here is how the SWC Mileage Reimbursement program works:
- $5.00 GetGo cards are provided to reimburse our SWC certified HIV+ members who drive to SWC programs.
- Mileage will be determined by the Google Maps distance from your home, or starting point, to SWC and back.
- Reimbursement is based on IRS medical reimbursement and subject to change.
- Monthly limits for gas card reimbursement are dependent on funding availability.
- Cards will be available to be picked up at SWC after the 7th of the following month.
The goal of transportation assistance is to help our members attend our dinners, programs and outings on a regular basis. Available for our HIV positive members who have certified for Ryan White eligibility.